Monday, November 17, 2014

Tempting Her Tiger

By Virginia Cavanaugh

Hello Everyone!
I’m so excited to be here today to share with you a little bit about my new release, Tempting Her Tiger.
I was excited when Heather Long approached me about writing for this line. Not only did I get to write a story featuring the college I attended, I also got to take my first journey into writing new adult. It was difficult at times to not make the characters seem older than they were. But having plenty of teenagers around my house helped. LOL
I also created a very neat place in this story. It’s called The Pit. Around here people farm out cliché. It leaves big winding pits behind when they do. So for years I have drove past various areas where they are mining out the cliché and my brain finally came up with a way to make these pits more mysterious and fun.
Here are a couple photos of some shallow pits, but you will see a dirt road that goes up and over down into deeper pits. Being that it was at sunset my pictures aren’t the best, but for those of you not used to these pits it will give you a better idea.

I hope you enjoy this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. And more stories are planned for shifters at this college in the 
future.


  
Blurb:
As a young girl, Stacia Carter had a crush on her brother’s best friend, Jordan Bayne. Grown and independent, she heads off to college and her destiny—to make him notice her as more than just the girl next door. After all these years, there’s no way she’ll take no for an answer.
Seeing Stacia again rocks Jordan’s world. She’s gorgeous, feisty, and hot…and also his best bud’s sister. No way can he have her for his own. But resisting the temptress proves harder than he thought.
When a male from a rival pride attempts to steal Stacia affections, Jordan sees red. No one is good enough for her…not even himself. But the feline temptress stars in his every fantasy. Maybe one more kiss will satisfy his hunger for her. 


Excerpt:
Once outside, he called out to her. “Stacia, wait up.”
Her spine stiffened and she stopped forward movement, turning slowly to face him. She gave him a shy smile and he closed the distance between them. “Hey.”
The green shirt she wore hugged her pert breasts and accentuated her lean waist. Wow, he really needed to stop noticing these things. “Do you have another class to get to right now?”
She hitched the strap of her bag a little higher on her shoulder. “Actually, I do. Can we maybe talk later?”
Black spots decorated her hand. “Pen bust?”
Her face and neck started to take on a red tint. “Yeah. Listen, I really need to go.”
“I’ll walk with you. I have an hour before my next class.” He fell into step beside her. “So, why did you choose NMJC?”
“It’s a good school.”
“Yeah, it is. But I’m betting, like Seth, you could have gone anywhere.” A breeze floated past them, stirring her hair and bringing her scent into his nose. She smelled so good. Like flowers and sunshine. He remembered the silken feel of her hair when he’d touched it in the classroom.

No comments: