By Emily Cale
It’s been a rough month in my household. If there hasn’t been a deadline to meet, I’ve been wrapped up in some bigger project. I’ve got weddings that I’m in, books that are due, edits to finish, a house that is under construction, a dissertation to finish, job hunting, and a to list that never ends. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a lucky little duck. All of these things are really good. I’ve got friends who are important to me, a writing career I wouldn’t trade for the world, a home that I own, and an education. Compared to many people, I’m doing pretty damn good. Sometimes though, it’s exhausting.
So I’m confession to some of the things I’ve done this last month that were not on the list.
1. Walked into the living room, saw the cat sleeping on the couch, and joined her. I did not set an alarm. Sometimes I think we could learn a lot from our pets. They sleep when they are tired, eat when they’re hungry, and generally seem less stressed.
2. Took a day off to read a book. I should be reading research articles. I should be doing my edits (no one tell Kate). I should be painting the ceiling in the basement. Instead, I took some time to do something I wanted to do. It made doing the needed stuff a little easier when I went back to it.
3. Beat the husband at a video game. Okay, so that isn’t a big one, but we have a mini-competition going. It gives us something new to talk about and do together. Plus, I am totally better at it.
4. Took a social-networking free day. Yes, Twitter is awesome and I’m obsessed. Some days it is too much though. Too much talking, too many things to read, and too many people getting things that I want. Instead of focusing on them, I need to spend more time focusing on me.
5. Gave up on laundry. Seriously, this is probably the most shameful. There are clean clothes in my house. They are not in the closet though. They are in a pile. Feel free to shift though and pull out what you need. If you want something else, wash it yourself.
What have you done for you lately? Comment to win a copy of my newest release, Power Play.
Power Play (Hat Trick Trilogy Book 2)
Natalie Fritz didn't need a night of sexual adventure as payment for setting her friend up, but she wouldn't turn it down either. Determined to make sure she gets exactly what she wants, she contacts Madame Eve and requests not one, but two dates for the evening. What she doesn't expect is for those men to be players on her friend's hockey team.
Ian and Todd find that sharing women provides all parties with more pleasure. Finding someone who buys into their theory is a little harder. So they turn to Madame Eve's 1 Night Stand service to locate a partner. When they meet Natalie, they discover a gorgeous woman who turns them on physically and intellectually.
Most relationships are meant to be between two people, but what happens when it takes three to make the night worthwhile? Can they take a leap of faith or will their time be limited to one night?
Available from Decadent Publishing: http://www.decadentpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=613&osCsid=4vno5rvrnjmmvlfr2tls3ifls7
Emily Cale is an author of erotic romance and erotica. You can stalk her on her website (http://www.emilycale.com), Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/EmilyCale), or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/AuthorEmilyCale).
Great post! I've had a crazy month too, but that doesn't mean I didn't sneak a nap or a book...or three. Decompression time is absolutely necessary. The book looks great. Best of luck!
What have I done for me? I didn't even get time for on my birthday a little while ago. The best moment I've had in three days is what I'm doing now, sitting on bed in daughter's house, husband is out with daughter's dog and I am ON MY OWN - bliss.
Post a Comment