Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Finding Happiness



 by Heather Kuehl

Dear Readers,

The idea for my book Epiphany began several years before my short book was published, when I finished a short story entitled “Struck by Beauty.” It introduced me to Mika, a general for the Unseelie army and a very unlikely king. I felt bad for him, after all the crown came with a hefty price, and all I wanted was for him to be happy. It took a while to figure out how.

As an author, sometimes I don’t have a choice on how the story goes. I tried several times to give him the happiness I thought he deserved, and every time the story didn’t go the way I wanted it to. Finally, Mika and I discovered Everlena. She was in a very old story I had written, a secondary character with some magic. I was taking a break from my other works and decided to go through those old manuscripts to see if I could find anything worth working on. The second I finished reading through Everlena’s short scenes I could feel the tug of my Muse. Before I knew it, I had written the first chapter of what would become Epiphany.

Siren’s Song Reviews said this about Epiphany: "It is an extremely entertaining read that keeps you sucked in and before you know it you see The End. This book was a tease! It tells you just enough so you're not lost and leaves you with wanting to know more."

Feel free to visit https://sites.google.com/site/heatherkuehl/epiphany to view the trailer or read an excerpt of this ARe bestseller.

Always,
Heather Kuehl


1 comment:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Congrats, Heather! That's a lovley cover.