Thursday, July 23, 2015

Meet Celia Breslin!


Hi Everyone,

Happy summer! Nice to be back on the Decadent blog for a visit.  When my Wolf shifters found out I was making a return visit, Darci decided she would interview me. She said I spend a lot of time sharing her info with the world, and I was due to share some deets about myself, LOL.

[Darci:] That’s right, I said you’re due and I meant it. ::smiles:: Now spill it, Celia. Do you have another job in addition to writing?

[Celia:] Mom, cat wrangler, line and content editor, slush pile reader, Joss Whedon fan. Oh wait, that last one isn’t actually a job, ha.

[Darci:] Since I know you love to talk about us, I’ll give you a little break. Summarize our story in less than 20 words.

[Celia:]  Okay, how about three words?  Wolf shifters, love, mayhem.  :-) 

::Darci rolls eyes::

Okay, just kidding. Here are twenty words for Diamond Moon:  “Free-spirited human-werewolf hybrid meets fated werewolf mate while on quest to find a cure for her near fatal, painful shifts.”

[Darci:]  Free-spirited. I like that. Why do you write about us?  And by us, I mean Wolf shifters.

[Celia:]  I love paranormal fiction, both reading and writing it.  Werewolves, vampires, and the Fae are my favorite paranormal peeps.

[Darci:]  Tell your readers how long you’ve been writing and who, or what, inspired you to go for it.

[Celia:]  My Irish grandmother started it with her stories of the Fae, including one tale of her encounter with a Banshee in her root cellar. Imagination fueled, I wrote a lot of fairytales as a kid.

[Darci:]  Do you choose a title first, or write the book then choose the title?

[Celia:]  Title usually happens first, though the title is derived from the subject matter of the book, so that’s a little bit like asking, “What comes first, chicken or egg?”   :-)  For your story, Darci, the title came as soon as I “met” you, meaning while I was compiling notes on you and outlining your story. For the next story about Ross’s sister, the title came after the story was written.

[Darci:]  Ah, speaking of us characters, do you discover us as you write or know all about us before you write our story?

[Celia:]  As my work is character driven, I develop character profiles prior to writing the whole story. I have detailed questionnaires on all major characters, such as you.

Darci. Of course, you all still manage to surprise me while I’m writing your stories. :-)

[Darci:]  LOL, I like keeping you guessing, Celia! Since we’re on bit of a book chat roll now, a couple more book questions.  The geek in me wants to know what format you prefer?  Digital or print?

[Celia:]  Both. I read a lot of eBooks, but there’s something quite satisfying about holding your own print book, or a print book by another author you love.

[Darci:]  Do you have a favorite book?  Have you read it more than once?

[Celia:]  I have so many favorites in varying genres. In urban fantasy/paranormal romance, I adore these series:  J. R. Ward’s Black Dagger Brotherhood, Kresley Cole’s Immortals After Dark, Amber Belldene’s Blood Vine, and Larissa Ione’s Demonica and Lords of Deliverance. I’ve read them all more than once.

[Darci:]  Okay, let’s wrap this up with some fun facts.  Tell the audience your favorite food, favorite singer/group, and favorite color.

[Celia:]  Gee, D, you’re letting me off easy!  For food, I love Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese, Japanese, Chinese...okay, now I’m hungry! :-)  As for preferred musicians…well, that depends on my mood. When I’m writing vampires, I gravitate toward industrial and techno/electro, so NIN, The Prodigy, Bass Kittens, Meat Beat Manifesto, etc. When I wrote your story, I listened to a broad spectrum of “love” tunes, from artists including Birthday Massacre, Maroon 5, Ed Sheeran, etc. Here’s your soundtrack, Darci: 

http://decadentpublishing.blogspot.com/2015/06/diamond-moon-soundtrack.html

[Darci:]  Thanks, Celia. And thanks to everyone for joining us today for a chat! ::waves::

Diamond Moon
Available Now!

Human-wolf hybrid Darci Diamond spends every full moon locked in auntie’s basement in Southern Oregon. Her excruciating shifts terrify her, the last one causing her heart to stop beating. Seeking a cure, she journeys to Los Lobos.
Ross Luparell returns to the struggling Tao pack, using his millions made in the tech industry to build homes for pack families in need. He never imagined he would also find his one true mate. But when a hybrid with the biggest green eyes he’s ever seen lands on his doorstep in the middle of a wicked summer storm, there’s no denying it. She’s the one.
She wants a normal human life, free from pain-filled shifts. He won’t give up on her Wolf, and will do whatever it takes to help her accept her true nature. But can he convince her to trust him with her heart?


Add Diamond Moon to your TBR List on GoodReads  

1 comment:

Celia Breslin said...

Hi Decadent Peeps,

Thanks for having us back for another fun visit!

cheers,
Celia