Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Vampire's Reflection Playlist

Buy The Vampire's Reflection HERE
By Shayne Leighton
Hi again, fellow Decadent peeps! I’m back again today to pimp my personal playlist for the second installment in my Of Light and Darkness Series, The Vampire’sReflection!

Yesterday’s release was a HUGE success! A lot of people participated in the live UStream book release party! It was such a pleasure to connect with readers who loved the first book and were eagerly anticipating the release of the second! So I’m back today with a cool list of music to keep the party going! This array of songs accompanied my most intimate moments alone, writing this story. I think after taking a listen to a few of my most favorite selections, you’ll understand why!

One of my most-replayed songs on the list was “Heavy In Your Arms” by Florence and the Machine. And while it was pure coincidence that this song is also on the official soundtrack for the Twilight Saga’s Eclipse, it was the perfect fit for my own Vampire romance! Charlotte becomes such a heavy cross to bare for Valek in this story, that they way Florence Welch croons in this highly dramatic ballad is the perfect expression of they both Valek and Charlotte feel.



Another favorite on my playlist was “Uninvited” by Alanis Morisette. This song expresses very well Charlotte’s growing rage and contempt with several characters in the story. I don’t want to give anything away, so you’ll have to read it to understand why I chose this particular song to represent some of the major plot points in this story…



I have an incredibly dark and angsty list of songs this time around. For the complete playlist in order of chapters in the book, skip on over to the official Of Light and Darkness blog!


No comments: