Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Long Awaited Release Day!

Available in digital and paperback!
Buy The Vampire's Reflection HERE
By Shayne Leighton

“…in time, she was able to see the large face of the moon. Silver, fading against the light of the sun, about to disappear under the horizon. But it would always come up again, she reminded herself. It always did.”
-         TheVampire’s Daughter (Of Light and Darkness – Book 1)

It has been about two years since the completion of my last and only book, my debut, The Vampire’s Daughter (Decadent Publishing 2011). I remember being on a ten-hour flight to Prague for the first time in my life; my vampiric husband next me, on the day of my release. I was not home to celebrate with friends and family (not that I’m complaining about the trip to Europe), but just knowing that the story so close to my heart – one that I’d been working on for about 5 years – was on it’s way to be seen by the world.
I did not expect, once Frantisek and I arrived to his city of Novy Jicin and I was able to look at a computer, the fantastic reaction I would receive from my friends online about the story. Within the first week of the book’s release, it landed on several bestselling lists on Amazon and dozens of positive reviews from bloggers across the web.

They say your sophomore novel is the most difficult to complete. I didn’t believe that until I sat down to begin writing The Vampire’s Reflection. Day after day, I dealt with the blank page syndrome! It was slow moving, but finally, Decadent editors and I have something to be proud of. And today is the official release day of both the eBook editions and paperback editions of the second installment in the Of Light and Darkness Series!

Within the past two years, a lot of excitement has circled this series. Stories about it appeared several times in news papers across the country. Two different concept trailers were shot along with some exciting members of young-Hollywood (including Michael Welch from the Twilight Saga.) The film project in development has caught the eye of professional screenwriters, cinematographers, special effects designers, actors, and more, and I’m not planning to slow this train any time soon!

So, what does the second installment have in store for readers?

Months after their brutal victory over Aiden and his hierarchy of Wizards, Charlotte and Valek have returned from Prague to their home in the Bohemian Occult City. However, this time, they are joined by their new band of misfit, magical friends. In the light of day, all seems to be at peace now that the Regime has been toppled, and the coven of rogue monsters has finally found their freedom. But Charlotte soon discovers that much like her adopted Vampire family, she has developed a strange addiction of her own. Her new disease is destroying her from the inside out, and Valek finds himself at a loss as he defies all odds to save her life. Danger continues to lurk around every corner and they realize that their happily-ever-after has not ended so happily after all, in this highly anticipated sequel of the Of Light and Darkness series.


I hope fellow authors and readers alike will have the chance to dive in to The Vampire’s Reflection and leave an honest review! I could not be more excited for this day and am thrilled to share it with the people who have been supporters of myself and the series since the beginning. All I can say is, thank you! 


Of Light and Darkness
The Vampire's Daughter Book 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read The Vampire's Reflection. Very good story and I can't wait for the follow 3 book. While I wait I will reread both the books while I wait.
Shayne is an amazing author that helps you leave the real world and go to a world where anything can happen

Barbara Elsborg said...

Congratulations. It sounds like quite a journey but you made it!!!