Music...it's right up there in the major DECADENT league, you can find it next to chocolate, reading, and all the other stuff I shall not mention here -- hey, some things that are 'meant' to be private you know! hehe
Anyway, when I heard Decadent Authors were sharing their playlists, I got school-girl giddy! I love finding out about which songs inspire authors and for which projects. Well, I had to share, too. Or it just wouldn't have been fair, now would it? So, here's my wee playlist for my current DECADENT release:
Goodreads ratings: 43 (avg rating 4.00)
She thought the mullo was just a myth…she was dead wrong.
- The Tea Party - Save Me - I've been a long time of The Tea Party ever since I saw them play live, many moons ago. I knew this song would be perfect for Adam; it IS Adam, not only does the sexy, dark rhythm remind me of him, but the lyrics are just perfectly suited. And I would love to save him!
- The Tea Party - The River - The 'river is running through my veins' - yeah, another Adam song!
- The Divine Madness - Break Apart - This beautiful, sad song matches Pearl, and how her 'past life' self feels. It's so haunting, and had me crying while creating her back story.
- The Divine Madness - Closer - This is Adam and Pearl, in the present. No other song could have done the job better. And it's one of my favorites to listen to.
- Yasmin Levy - Happiness - This is the song that I listened to when writing the 'bedroom' scene, and the youtube video itself is a bit of a bedroom scene. It inspired me a lot, the whole feel of the song is just perfect for Adam and Pearl's connection.
- Shakira - Gypsy - I listened to this song to bring out the flirty side of Pearl.
- Katy Perry - Hot n Cold - This song wasn't originally part of the manuscript, but upon advice from my awesome editor, who told me a bar playing the likes of The Doors was too old fashioned, and Police's Roxanne. To get 'with-it' I asked my daughter what her favorite song was. This was her selection -- and it is perfect for Adam's hot and coldness toward Pearl.
As mentioned above, the below posted youtube is my favorite song. And I love how they based the music video on Alice in Wonderland. They make some wicked music videos, and have a life time fan in me :) When A Mullo Loves A Woman would not be the book it is without their music as a backdrop to my writing. To find out more about The Divine Madness, you can find them on MySpace and Facebook FUN-FACT: this song has appeared in a movie, Dracula's Curse.
When A Mullo Loves A Woman
Adam Flint's Gypsy visions always guide him to those who need his paranormal gifts. He gets more than he bargained for in Pearl Kizzy, a beautiful spitfire from Liverpool. Adam knows that to save Pearl, he must help her accept her own Gypsy heritage.
Although Adam and Pearl fight their burning attraction for one another, a night of passion sparks memories of their treacherous former lives. Unable to face the loss of Pearl in this century, Adam scrambles for distance from the love of his life. A rejected Pearl falls into the arms of a Mullo - a gypsy vampire - who lays claim to her heart, and her life.
To survive, Adam and Pearl must accept their tragic past, and find a way to kill the undead.