Here are 10 things we bet you didn't know about author Rita Hestand!
1. I snore
2. I like to drink cokes but my kidneys don't like them, so I had to quit.
3. I love to watch old western movies on TV.
4. Me and my grandkids watch movies together, just watched Halloween again!
5. My husband was my soul mate and I lost him in 2006
6. I like to roller skate, yes with the four wheels
7. I rarely wear a dress anymore
8. I had my eyes lazered.
9. I can't swim and I'm afraid of water
10. I've had many different jobs, including working at a hat factory, a school, a high rise office in Dallas, an electronics firm, a waitress, a child care provider, a department store, just to name a few.
Find Rita at her WEBSITE
A hat factory? I bet that sounds more interesting than it was! ;-)
Rollerskating with four wheels? My proudest achievement as a kid was when I learned to skate backwards at the roller rink.
I worked in the warehouse at the hat factory with all men, just me. I pulled hats. We used to have contests to see how high we could stack hat on a rack and carry them to the front. I got about eighteen. I built some muscle in that job.
And oh yes, roller skating was fun, skinned knees weren't, but that was a great way to spend a Saturday.
I'm afraid of water too, and I live on an island. Yipees.
Oh man Leanne that would be rough. Although I have a great appreciation for the water, I just don't trust myself when I can't feel the bottom. I panic. But I enjoy the beaches and being around it and it is inspiring, but don't throw me in. LOL
You'd think a person who could roller skate could swim, but I just don't have it in me.
Good luck on the beach though.
Love and blessings
My son just dressed up Like Jason for halloween, and didn't understand why people kept calling him Jason. He hasn't seen the movies. Made me feel old...
I worked at a basket factory. Probably at least as boring as a hat factory.
don't feel lonely JM, my grandkids think I lived in ancient times, but that is okay, when they are my age they will remember this. That's justice.
Basket factory, huh? Well, I enjoyed working at the hat factory,but it was hard work, and I figured I could do better, sometimes though, I look back and think I should have stayed, I stayed in shape there. LOL
BLessings to all
That makes three of us afraid of water, but I love the beach.
Post a Comment