Thursday, July 30, 2015

Changes Along the Broken Road

 By Alexa Bourne

    In just over a month, I’ll be moving into my own home. I’m extremely excited for all the experiences and possibilities coming my way. Although I know how much stress comes with moving, I’m looking forward to having my own furniture and my own knickknacks around me. I’ll also be shopping for some new items. Even though I’ve had generous friends who have taken me in, there’s nothing like being in your own place.
    In my Scottish contemporary romance Broken Road, Catriona MacGregor receives an amazing opportunity. She inherits a home from an eccentric family friend. She is overwhelmed because the home is in Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh, and Cat’s only ever lived in the Highlands. At the same time, she is extremely excited for all the new possibilities she will encounter if she’s brave enough to take the chance. Ian MacKenzie, a childhood friend who has traveled the world, talks her into accepting the opportunity. He promises to help her get used to life in the city, but what ensues is a whirlwind of an education she’s not prepared for, one she’ll never forget.

Blurb:
    Catriona MacGregor leads a quiet life, working in the local school of Glenhalish, Scotland and spending time with close friends. She’s content to sit back and be an observer of the life around her. But all that changes when a recently deceased family friend leaves her a flat in Edinburgh and challenges her to spread her wings.
With his work as an international bodyguard, Ian MacKenzie has no time for a serious, committed relationship. Yet when he comes home to Glenhalish for a visit and to clear his mind, he is drawn to down-to-earth Cat. The more time they spend together, the more he wants her.
    Though they agreed to a friends-with-benefits arrangement, Cat soon discovers exactly what she wants for herself and it involves all of Ian—body, mind and soul. Their connection ambushes Ian. He’s not ready for the intensity they share.
Can this Highland lassie steer her lad back onto the right path to a love that will last a lifetime?


Buy Links:



No comments: