Wednesday, June 10, 2015

World Building Part II

by Sorcha Mowbray

Last time I was here, I talked about worldbuilding for my upcoming release from the Decadent Beyond Fairytales line. For those who missed that post, it will be a Beauty and the Beast retelling...with two beasts. It is also set in post-apocalypse San Diego and centers around 6 motorcycle clubs, one of which is The Beasts. The book will be called Love & Punishment (Tales From Epsilon, Book One). I don't have a cover yet, but I can share a teaser for the book...


I have also done some more work that will allow me to share all the worldbuilding with readers. I built a website that has some things like a timeline of events that occur prior to the start of the book, a glossary of terms I used in the book to help flesh out the world, and a placeholder for book info as it comes out and for when later books come out...because I anticipate this being a series.
Want to check it out? Go to http://talesfromepsilon.sorchamowbray.com
One of my favorite elements of the site is the timeline. In it you get to see some of what has occurred off page. Things like when Nate and Liam first meet, when they become beasts, when Nate takes Liam's last name. And some other cool details.
The site also has a map of the post-apocalypse epicenters and a brief summary of what happened. I plan to add a local map of Epsilon, some bios for each of the MCs that run the city, and really anything else that comes to mind as I continue to write books in this world.

I really can’t wait for you to meet Bel, Nate, and Liam. They are such an amazing triad. And having the opportunity to set them in a world of my making was so much fun. I know post-apocalypse/dystopian worlds are becoming a little popular. Do you have any favorite books set in that type of world? 

No comments: