Monday, December 15, 2014

An (Erotic) Romance Author’s Holiday Wish List


By Nancy Fraser
One of the many things I love about the holiday season are the beautiful Christmas carols. Not just the heartfelt, slow ballads … although those are wonderful. Especially when done by an amazing vocalist.

I also like the cheesy ones like "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer." Every year I watch diligently as someone will invariably post a new version of an old classic to You Tube and, just as excited as one of my grandchildren opening up a new toy, I’ll be glued to the computer screen enjoying this new rendition.

One of my “new favorites” this year is the wonderfully comical take on the 12 Days of Christmas, complete with hilarious slapstick.

In honor of the holiday season, and taking into consideration those things important to most authors, I thought I’d put together my own version of a 12-Day’s Wish List.

12  5-« reviews
11  New “likes” on Facebook
10  Busy book signings
9  New Twitter “follows”
8  Finished chapters
7  More to edit
6  Extra hours a day
5  Great new plots
4  Signed contracts
3  Sexy lovers
2  Less rounds of edits
And, a New York Times best-selling book!

Whether you enjoy the carols, the presents, the food, or just the closeness of your friends and family, please have a safe and happy holiday. May you be blessed with peace, love and as much chocolate as you can eat!  

No comments: