Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HalloThanksMas

Buy Wishing for Love HERE!

by Denise McCray
It’s that time of year again. Or rather it’s been that time of the year for the past two months. I think they should rename the last three months of the year HalloThanksMas. Isn’t it irritating to see Christmas decorations and hear holiday music in the middle of October? I know it is for me.
As an empty-nester, we don’t get real excited about the holiday season any more. When our son was young, we’d start putting up the Christmas tree as soon as we finished the turkey on Thanksgiving. Now, we may set it up a week before the 25th. Forget about the other stuff, like garland and a wreath on the door. Haven’t done that in quite a while.
Now, I’m not saying we’ve turned into complete Scrooges. You can’t help to feel the holiday spirit, especially when you see little kids running around the department stores. Sometimes I wish for a little one, but just for a couple weeks. Then I’d give them back to their parents ;-)
The cold weather does spark my imagination though, and I've come up with a ton of new story ideas. Maybe it’s cabin fever that sends my mind spinning in all directions.
At this point, I have a notebook full of book titles and short blurbs. Now I need to follow through and actually draft a few outlines and then write the stories. Would anyone be interested in reading a tale about a sexy Santa? I should get right on that.
Love,
Denise

5 comments:

Susan W. said...

Oh, HalloThanksMas! I like it!! Christmas stuff is being put out way too early so kids loose a lot of the joy of Halloween and Thanksgiving because of the excitement for Christmas. That's not to say that I don't get excited over Christmas stories. I'll take a story about a sexy Santa!

Christy said...

Thanks for the interview and your book looks to be a great read!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great read.

hotcha12 said...

LOOKS GREAT DENISE AND LOVE THE COVER!

LINDARB49@HOTMAIL.COM

C. A. Szarek said...

I love Christmas stories and I can't WAIT to read this one!