Friday, December 16, 2011

Getting to know Kacey Hammell!



Hmm, some things about me that very few people or no one knows about me.  It’s hard to make a list since I’m pretty open about a lot of things, especially with blogging, facebooking, tweeting, interviewing…well you get the picture.

Number Eight…
I am greatly, seriously addicted to Shemar Moore (aka Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds).  I mean look at this pic of him…need I say more? Wednesday nights, for one hour—okay, I have the DVD seasons too, so whenever I want to watch—I’m glued to the TV and can’t be disturbed. It’sShemar& me time…

Number Seven…
All through high school, I was a legal secretary for a family law attorney. I met a guy and we moved away, and well, the rest they say is history.

Number Six…
I have the most horrible fear of snakes. Not a little fear, but a HUGE one. So bad that I can’t see a snake on tv without jumping on the sofa. I’ve had the same recurring nightmare for as long as I can remember, about being smothered by a snake. Not sure what age the nightmare started, and my brothers have sworn to hell and back they never bothered me with snakes when we were kids, but that nightmare is terrifying.

Number Five…
I inhale stories featuring ménage a trois. I need them like a kid needs candy. Gotta have them, in bulk, as often as possible. I’d never participate in one but I love them. Well okay, if Shemar Moore walked through the door and hubby said it was okay…

Anyway, moving on…

Number Four…
Ten years ago, my husband asked me to marry him in August and we were married in October. I organized, made centerpieces, had dresses fitted for Maid of Honour, flower girl and my mother, had all the suits for the men booked all myself, and the day was perfect. I’m hell on wheels when on deadline. *g*

Number Three…
Did I mention those ménage a trois stories?  I feel a sudden urge coming on to grab one from the pile.  Hubby would probably love it too, since I sometimes read them to him. He’s such a dear to be interested in what I’m interested in. *wink*

Number Two…
My Mom & my daughter are really my best friends. I grew up a Tomboy, played football/baseball and hung out with guys mainly and didn’t much care for the “girl” dramas. Even to this day, years after high school, I’m the same way.But now, I’d rather hang out with my mom and daughter than anyone (Hubby aside—for different reasons *g*).

Number One…
I’m a huge crier. From weddings to cute babies, to tearjerker books and movies, I cry a lot. I’m a huge sap.  Even during my TV shows, the waterworks just come as they may.  Biggest tearjerker movie for me is P.S. I Love You. Of course, the first time I ever watched it was about a week after losing my dad, so it was endless tears. But even to this day I cry through pretty much all of it.  TV Shows – even when someone is shot, in danger, killed or leaves a show, I’m bawling as if I’ve lost my dearest friend.  Even when a contestant wins a reality show, it’s like I’m a member of their darn family, I’m crying along with them. 
So while I’m pretty tough when it comes to my family and kids, friends and will kick a$$e$ and take name for those near and dear to me and causes I believe in—I can cry an ocean.


Readers can follow me via… 

Join me today at my blog for my Birthday Bash! Gifts Galore!! It might be my birthday but the gifts are for readers! Details here.
And be on the lookout for my upcoming Erotic Romantic Suspense, Illusions, in 2012 from Decadent Publishing.

15 comments:

Liz said...

howdy Kacey! nice to meet you!
I have a KILLER menage for you if you want to read it. (it's with a different publisher but came out this year and is starting to get solid reviews.)
I hate snakes too. and will cry at the drop of a hat!
Happy Holidays
Liz

Jennifer Probst said...

I loved this post and learned so many awesome things!! Instead of snakes, I am TERRIFIED of spiders. And I seem to be tearing through as many BDSM stories I can get my hands on! Great job!

Anonymous said...

PS I Love You is gorgeous. Of course, I'd be devastated if I was married to Gerard Butler and he died, too. :-o

I don't FEAR snakes, I just fear them around me, wigging around, crawling into something or under something and being creepy. YUCK! But if someone handed it to me, I'm good.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Hey Kacey!
Shemar Moore - Yum! He's inspiration for one of my characters in a yet unpublished book. :)

I don't have a problem with snakes. Used to carry them around my neck as a kid. I don't like spiders though, or bugs!

And I'm a crier too. If a book can make me cry, I love it. :)

All the best!

KaceyHammell said...

LOL Liz, sounds like we have a lot in common. I'll visit your site this evening, buy myself a b'day pressie. :D

Jennifer -- Thnx for stopping by. My daughter is terrified of spiders to. I promised her a tarantula for Xmas - she threatened to move out LOL

DP -- Isn't Gerard just the hottest thing...OMG Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that movie is tres tres hot too. You're braver than I to even THINK about handling a snake. Egads.

Thnx ladies!!!!

KaceyHammell said...

Jessica, girl, you're amazing. walking around with a snake around your neck...*shudders* OMG my heart is racing just thinking about it !!!

Shemar is just *meow* heart rate is picking up.

Look fwd to reading the wip that he inspired. He's just that helpful to inspire us, isn't he *g*

I love when a book makes me cry, means the author goes on the keeper list!


Thanks for stopping by.

Valerie Mann said...

I remember when Shemar was on The Young and Restless. At the time, I thought he needed to be in the movies instead of on a soap, LOL But, lots of big stars started out on soap operas (I'm old enough to remember when Kevin Bacon was a teen on Guiding Light and Meg Ryan was on As the World Turns...wow, that was eons ago!). Yep, Shemar is yummy!

KaceyHammell said...

I remember them too Valerie. I remember when John Stamos was on GH too. Shhh, I'm really 19, never mind.
LOL

D L Jackson said...

Yummy. Why yes he is.

Snakes don't bother me, I still catch them out in the garden from time to time, just to hold them. Spiders, well...

Nice to meet you, and I too love reading and writing the menage stories.

KaceyHammell said...

DL, thnx for stopping by.
Wow, brave ladies who take snakes in stride. I'm in awe.
Will chk out those menage writings of yours!

L. C. Dean said...

Shemar Moore (aka Derek Morgan on Criminal Minds) is one of my favorites - when he looks at the techno-girl and calls her "baby" I want to crawl through the screen. He is seriously yummy. Great post.

BTW: I have a menage for you if you're interested called Ginger Snaps for Two. Shemar was the visual for Selleck though Selleck is a bit rougher around the edges.

Unknown said...

Fun facts, Kacey. Great to get to know you a bit. I am right with you on the crying thing. My kids make fun of me all the time.

Anonymous said...

Kacey - We have the same name only spelled differently. I don't care for snakes but my fear is of spiders. **shivers**

Nice to meet you. I like tearr-jerkers and haven't seen PS I love you. I need to.

Alexa said...

You had me at Shemar Moore! He is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on joining the Decadent family!

KaceyHammell said...

LC -- OMG Shemar/Derek's relationship with Penelope Garcia is titillating. I love it! Their flirtatiousness and deep friendship (love for one another) is awesome. Can't get enough
I will check out my to be read ebook list -- think I bought Ginger but haven't read yet

Becca -- my kids bought me a package of 12 kleenex boxes yesterday for my b'day -- enough said! LOL

Casea -- just have tissues handy with PS I Love You. Even my die-hard friend, who nevr cries, bawled like a baby through that movie. Glad to meet ya.

Alexa -- thank u ! DP has been wonderful to work with. Every step has been awesome. Glad you love Shemar just as much as I do :D