Thursday, April 14, 2011

What are Maureen's 3-Way Thursday thoughts?


by Maureen O. Betita

Thankful
What I am thankful today is that the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention is over. It was fabulous, wonderful and exhausting. I am thankful to the staff of RT and all the volunteers. So much work goes into the convention and making it an experience to remember. As I sat signing my books in the huge hall on Saturday I was thankful to the publishers of Decadent and all the hard work they went through to see me with that beautiful book on that exciting day! To all of them, thank you! To all the readers who bought my first book! Thank you!

Thoughtful
What do I think about? Wow, next year’s RT and whether that pirate hat will travel well to Chicago. And how many feathers I can add to it… And what the theme for the fairy ball will be and whether I can finagle a pirate hat into the theme… And how long until the vampire court brings pirates into the theme?

Thirsty
A vacation. A pirate vacation…the Caribbean, a tall ship…ice cold rum runners… Sigh. Since that isn’t really in the budget…I’ll have to write it!

8 comments:

Maureen said...

Ah, my silly bookfaire picture... Yes, I was a total goof and am still exhausted...

Can't really figure out why...but I am!

Anonymous said...

I'm recovered. MOSTLY! :-)
You did wonderfully, Maureen. I was SOOO proud that you were one of 'ours', as were the other Decadent authors. And your outfits were truly INSPIRED. You rocked the hat!

Heather
Decadent Publishing

Maureen said...

My feather family is growing all the time... Thanks, Heather! Everyone was so wonderful to be around and so supportive! ;-)

Samantha Gail said...

Hi Maureen,

I think Chicago really needs to see your pirate hat:)

RT is a case of "too" for me as well.
Too little sleep...
Too little water...
Too much alcohol...

Maureen said...

Funny thing is, Samantha...I didn't drink much. Just too damned pricey and I'm cheap. But yes on the too little sleep and too little water! I think I'll add too little vegies!

Kathleen said...

You have to bring the pirate dress to Chicago, too. It was fabulous.

I can't wait to start the planning phase for the next RT.

Maureen said...

That pirate dress will go everywhere with me. I wore it to the Nationals in Orlando last year. And it will go to Moonlight and Magnolias with me in September! I LOVE that dress! ;-)

Stephanie Williams said...

Please bring the pirate hat!

I'm still recovering to. It's been a good week now! The old bones are not what they use to be.

It was so Great meeting you!