Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Let Me Introduce You to Hexed and Vexed


Hexed and Vexed available HERE

By Rebecca Royce
A few months ago (or maybe it was more, time moves so quickly when I’m as busy as I am…) I learned that Decadent Publishing was opening a new line called Tease. I love writing for Decadent and knew I had to write one!

So, I set out to write a story about a witch. Why? Well it had been a long time since I had written a witch story and I thought it would be fun.  It was.  Campbell and Olive were born. 

For those of you looking for dark paranormal (my normal genre) this is not that. This is lighter and, I think, somewhat amusing. Or maybe I just really, really relate to Olive. 

You’ll have to read it and let me know what you think. 

RR

Hexed and Vexed blurb:
Olive White has had a terrible six months. It's not bad enough that years earlier she earned the nickname "Worst Witch In Witching School," she is now being forced to watch the love of her life, Campbell Bane, marry her sister Cindy. And she’s being asked to do so in a pink, puke-colored bridesmaid’s dress. Vexed doesn’t begin to describe how she feels.

Her powers pick the wedding as the perfect moment to turn on, zapping both her ex and her to a magical island not found on any map. Someone is bound to find them, but perhaps Olive can get some answers, once and for all.


When Campbell falls ill, she uses her considerable skills to save his life, but can she believe him when he tells her he still loves her and always has? Was he hexed, or is it all a flimsy excuse for breaking her heart?

No comments: