Monday, December 29, 2014

Welcome 2015!



Now that Christmas is over, I’m shifting gears to New Year’s Eve. We’ve got great plans for Wednesday evening, with 2 of my 4 brothers in town, their families & our parents. Lots of food, drinks, good music, a bonfire & hopefully some fireworks. But as we celebrate the end of another year, my thoughts begin to drift to what I want to accomplish in 2015. I do make some resolutions, but I prefer to think of them as goals. Calling them goals makes them feel easier to accomplish. So, what goals do I have for 2015?

FIRST…For health reasons, I need to lose a good 25, 30lbs. I have no choice. That goal MUST be met. So in order to meet that goal I have to start exercising more, maybe 3-5 times a week.
SECOND…I will finish and submit at least four new book projects. (Yay!)
THIRD…I will jump into the self-publishing world with several writer friends (who know what they’re doing) in an anthology. (Scary for me since I’ve never done self-publishing before.)
FOURTH…I will write notes about all the positive events in my life and stick them in a jar. That way when we’re moving from 2015 to 2016 I can review all the great times I had & awesome things that happened in 2015.
FIFTH…I will try to become a better teacher (day job) and writer through conferences & studying my crafts.
Whew! I think that’s enough, right? I want to be challenged, with goals to make my life better, not buried under the weight of impossible commitments. On New Year’s Eve I’ll drink a toast to celebrate 2014 & to welcome in all the possibilities of 2015. Happy New Year to you all! Stay safe out there & celebrate life!

Book Blurb:
Take-charge bodyguard Colin Munro believes working for the International Protective Network will be the perfect occupation for him. Unfortunately, his trial assignment is protecting a woman who has no intention of blindly following orders. Aye, he’ll bring the bonnie lass in line because there’s no way he’ll allow her to ruin his chance of securing his dream job.
Physically and emotionally scarred during her stint as a U.S. soldier, Joanna Grainger wants nothing more than to enjoy life. New Year's Eve in Edinburgh marks the beginning of her transformation. But when she witnesses a crime no one believes occurred, her plans come to a screeching halt. To make matters worse, her sexy but headstrong bodyguard has no compassion for her or the victim.
As danger hunts them during one of the busiest times of the year, Joanna must convince Colin she's a worthy partner. But first, can she convince herself?

Excerpt:
Joanna bolted upright. Darkness wrapped her in its hideous embrace. And silence reigned.
Her heart raced. She flattened her hands on the mattress beneath her.
Mattress. Bed. Colin’s hotel room.
Rustling sounds came from the floor. The bedside lamp flickered on. Colin propped himself up, one knee bent and an arm dangling over it. He squinted against the brightness. “Are you all right?”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you.” She brushed her fingers under her eyes.
“Don’t be daft, lass.”
“I had a bad dream.” She smoothed her hair back off her face. Moisture beaded at her temples.
“Here we call it a nightmare.” He smiled, and at once she relaxed her shoulders.
“Americans do, too.” After another deep breath, she said, “I’ll be all right.” Once her heart rate slowed to normal. With her forearm, she wiped perspiration from her forehead.
He stood, padded into the bathroom, and ran the faucet. When he returned, he sat beside her, tucked his finger under her chin, and pressed the cloth to her cheek. The cool moisture soothed her burning skin.
She reached up and covered his hand with hers. “I can do that.”
“I know.” He brushed her fingers away. “But you’ll not.”
After a few seconds, he moved the wet towel across her forehead and to her other cheek.
When he reached her neck, she sighed and closed her eyes for a few valuable seconds.
“Thank you.”
His gentle caress reminded her how much she’d missed simple comfort…from anyone.

Find Alexa


No comments: