Monday, January 27, 2014

Meet "Joe" Bascum


Shiloh is busy in her writing cave and has asked me to come to the blog in her place. I’m not too good at public speaking, so why don’t you ask me a few questions? Once you get to know me we can go from there.

Character interview:

What’s your name?

Josephine “Joe” Bascum. Everyone calls me Joe, so you better call me Joe, too. And kept the fact I’m a cowgirl a secret. I want folks thinking I’m a man.

So why are you dressed as a man?

That is a long story. The short answer is I’m safer as a man, and society frowns on a woman riding horses astride and handling a gun.

What are your goals in life?

Besides staying alive? I guess my goals are the usual. Make a good living for myself and find a wife.

Did you say you were looking for a wife?

Yes. I’m looking to settle down with a woman. Do you have a problem with that? And the correct answer is “no, sir.”

What do you do with your free time?

I like riding horses and competing in shooting competitions. I’m a fast draw. I think you can tell by now I’m not your typical woman. Staying at home keeping house in a hoopskirt is not my thing.

What’s your living space like?

Lately my living space has been under the stars close to where my horse is tied in case I need to ride out quickly. I like a wooded area in case it rains. My bedroll and a small fire is all I need.

What do you do for a living?

I’m a drifter. I find work when needed and am a jack of all trades. I don’t mind punching cattle or mucking out stalls. I just do what needs to be done.

Why are you in Bitterroot Flats?

I’m from California. I’ve been on the run, and no not from the law. I didn’t know I was headed to Bitterroot Flats. I just kept trying to stay ahead of the man hunting me. This dusty desert town is full of tumbleweeds and trouble.


Blurb: 
   After a vicious outlaw murders her father, Laura Rutherford sees no future beyond running the family brothel and kowtowing to the local gang. Not even marriage offers escape. No man can compete with the beautiful women who dance the can-can for her each night...at least not until a gentle stranger sweeps in and opens her eyes to desires too long denied.
   Joe Bascum stumbles into Bitterroot Flats looking for a place to hide from a gunman out for blood. When the innocent Madame from the local brothel offers a bed and bath, Joe accepts hoping to show the buttoned-up beauty just how right forbidden desire can feel.
   When danger escalates, can Laura help Joe defeat the famous Fletcher gang, or is she destined to live a lonely life as the virgin madam?

The Virgin Madam is available now.
  
Bio:
Shiloh Saddler likes to do research for her steamy romances first hand. She has invented a time machine and travels back to the 19th century on a regular basis. There are experimental settings on her time machine which could propel her into the future and even other worlds. She believes love and a good book makes anything possible.



Contact links:
History in the Hot Lane Blog: http://shilohsaddler.blogspot.com/



No comments: