Monday, December 23, 2013

Happy Holidays!


By Alexa Bourne

Happy Holidays, Everyone! I hope you’re enjoying the season. I’m eating too much, relaxing and hanging out with family. Of course, we’re all excited to see what Santa leaves us on Wednesday morning, right? Or are you the type to open gifts the night before?

When I lived far away from family and I worked on Christmas morning (by choice…I switched days with coworkers with kids so I could go out and celebrate on New Year’s Eve), I had a big production Christmas Eve. I would put my Christmas lights on, light some candles, stick the movie Scrooge (with Alistair Sim) in the DVD player, and have dinner. When the movie was over, I pulled out all my presents and opened them to Christmas music or another Christmas movie. When I moved closer to family, I got back in the habit of waiting for Santa and opening gifts the next morning.

What about you? Do you open gifts one time or another? Or do you open 1 gift Christmas Eve and then the rest on Christmas morning?

This year one of the best presents I could ask for is coming from my FANTABULOUS publisher! What’s the gift, you ask? My very first full-length romantic suspense book, Liar, Liar, is being released this coming Friday! (That’s the 27th.) I can’t wait to share Devin and Grady’s story. Two people who are complete opposites and don’t trust each other join together to fight the bad guys. Grady and Devin have lived in my head for quite a long time. They’re both so much larger than life sometimes I forget they aren’t real people.

Want to find out more about Devin and Grady? Here’s the blurb:

Unable to protect her mother from her father as a child, Devin McQueen has made it her mission as an adult to protect as many abused women and children as she can. The rare moments she’s not consumed with work as a victims' advocate, she limits her involvements to safe, predictable men....until she meets bounty hunter Grady Cooper.  He is big, bold, brash, and has no problem speaking his mind.
Growing up in a broken home, Grady realized early on that good deeds had a price.  To survive, he learned to weigh every decision by what he could gain.  Unfortunately, the successful, solitary life he’s worked so hard to create spins out of control when demons from his past shake his confidence. His boss has given him one last chance—bring in Devin's latest client quickly, and quietly and maybe he'll still have a job. It didn’t sound unreasonable until he met Devin.
Suddenly, Grady must make a decision: save his career or follow his heart?

So…what do you think? Sounds pretty good, huh? Well, you’ll have to wait a few more days for it, but I guarantee it will be worth it! Until then, have a Merry Christmas!


No comments: