Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Alexa's Thankful List

Simple Treasures available HERE
by Alexa Bourne
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, I’m starting to get excited for the holiday season. Football plays a big part of Thanksgiving in our family and, of course, food. We all bring favorite dishes or beverages to my brother’s house, have a lazy long weekend and just enjoy the time we get to spend together. One of our other brothers and his wife come in for the week, too.

When I realized I had this blog post to write, I thought, “How perfect!” So I’ve decided to share the things I’m most thankful for this year.
I’m thankful for my full-time teaching job. I get to teach what I love and I get a steady paycheck.

I’m thankful for my relative health. I’ve had a few bumps in the road this year, but at the moment I’m doing well.

I’m thankful for the new book contracts I’ve landed this year. My 6th, 7th, and 8th books will be out in 2014.
  
I’m thankful, of course, for the family and friends I have and everything they do for me…and with me.

I’m thankful for Decadent Publishing for offering me my first publishing contract 2 years ago. It’s been an amazing ride so far and I look forward to submitting and publishing more books with them in 2014.

I could go on and on and make a huge list, but these are the top things I care about. I wake up every day being thankful that these people and things are part of my life and, indeed, make my life richer.
In my holiday romantic suspense, Simple Treasures, my heroine reflects on her life during the holidays, too. Joanna realizes that even with the difficulties she has faced before while in the military and is facing as she tries to help put a criminal behind bars she is a lucky woman. She is healthy, smart, and on her way to a successful life. And if she’s willing to open her heart during the holidays, she just might find the love she deserves.
Have a wonderful holiday season!

Simple Treasures blurb:
Take-charge bodyguard Colin Munro believes working for the International Protective Network will be the perfect occupation for him. Unfortunately, his trial assignment is protecting a woman who has no intention of blindly following orders. Aye, he’ll bring the bonnie lass in line because there’s no way he’ll allow her to ruin his chance of securing his dream job.
Physically and emotionally scarred during her stint as a US soldier, Joanna Grainger wants nothing more than to enjoy life. New Year’s Eve in Edinburgh marks the beginning of her transformation. But when she witnesses a crime no one believes occurred, her plans come to a screeching halt. To make matters worse, her sexy but headstrong bodyguard has no compassion for her or the victim. 
As danger hunts them through the city during one of the busiest time of the year, Joanna must convince Colin she’s a worthy partner. But first, can she convince herself? 
I’d like to offer a UK gift to one commenter! Please leave your email address in your comment and I’ll choose a winner Saturday morning! 

No comments: