Friday, February 24, 2012

It Ain’t Tactics, Honey. It’s Just the Beast in Me


 by Courtney Sheets
 First let me say thank you for having me here today! I’m excited to be sharing my debut book for Decedent with you today. THE HOODED MAN is a retelling of the classic Robin Hood legend with a sexy and unexpected twist.

We women love the bad boy. You know what I’m talking about, that sexy beast who you know is just plain evil but you can’t help lusting after his leather-clad ass.  Think Gary Oldman in Dracula, Marlon Brando in The Wild Bunch, and Michael Wincott in The Three Musketeers. Incredibly mean, nasty, and destructive but oh-so tantalizing.  You know you shouldn’t feel tingling in your lady parts but you just can’t help it. Your body reacts and you simply want to lick them from head to toe and back again. (Or tear the leather from his body with my teeth in the case of Richard Armitage in Robin Hood)
          In my debut book for Decedent Publishing, THE HOODED MAN, my heroine, Lady Marian of Locksley is faced with just this problem, as well as seeking revenge for her father’s death and becoming the legendary outlaw Robin Hood. She’s a busy ass-kicker kind of chick.  Two handsome and seductive men enter her life, the stoic Will Scarlet and the darkly seductive Guy of Gisbourne. Marian must choose between them. But which one? The good boy from her past or the bad boy in her present? I won’t tell you who she picks. You’ll have to read the book to find out the answer to that question.

I can tell you my writer friends who have read the book divided themselves up in to Team Scarlet and Team Gisbourne. I should have made them t-shirts. Don’t forget to let me know which team you end up on!

I hope you enjoy the struggle Marian has to go through when choosing the love of her life, and the battle she faces as she dons the mantle of the legendary outlaw, Robin Hood!

Here’s a little teasing to whet your appetites:

In the heart of England there lived a hero armed with bow and arrow, ready to strike down injustice and tyranny—a swashbuckling legend so powerful it has lasted for centuries, captivating the hearts and minds of people the world over. But what if the legend was nothing but a lie?
When her father is brutally murdered in front of her eyes, Marian of Locksley is thrust into a world of treason and greed, where the ultimate prize is the throne of England. Left with little choice, she disguises herself as Robin of the Hood, an outlaw despised by royalty and loved by the people.
Forced into hiding deep within Sherwood Forest, Will Scarlet joins Robin Hood’s band of merry men, not realizing the fearless outlaw he follows is really the woman he desires for his own. He dares to risk everything in the fight for justice and love, longing for the day he can claim the courageous beauty. But first, England must be saved and legend must be born.

          I want to know who your favorite bad boy is and way. One random commenter will win a free copy of THE HOODED MAN. Spill you secret lust crush to me, my beauties. 
         
Learn more about me and my work at www.historysmistress.blogspot.com

6 comments:

steph beck said...

Bad boy? I'm so not into the bad boys...unless you count sarcastic and naughty as 'bad'. The book sounds great, congrats!
Stephanie Beck
www.stephaniebeck.net

Jessica E. Subject said...

Oh, an intriguing twist to the Robin Hood tale. Thanks for sharing! :)

Debbie Gould said...

Bad boy, hmmmmm. I think Colin Farrel is a bad boy. Or so the PR would have you believe. I wouldn't mind being a little bad with him.

Jaleta Clegg said...

Sounds like a great book. I'll have to add it to my TBR pile. Go Team Hood!

Barbara Elsborg said...

Well I was born in Nottingham and spent the first 18 years of my life living 7 miles away from the city!!
My favorite bad boy - I can't pick one of my own characters - that would be cheeky - so I'd go with Robbie Williams - a Brit singer - who's inspired many of my badboy heroes!

bn100 said...

I enjoyed your post. I would say Sebastian from Devil in winter because he's charming, funny, caring, and handsome.

bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com