Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Writing After Loss–It Isn’t All Grimm

My Grandma passed away and my world tilted off its axis. She was a big part of my life and the rock of my family. After she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, I became her caregiver. I enjoyed the quality time I spent with her the last few years. She was a dear lady who continued to teach me life lessons in her deterioration.
After her passing, I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t overwhelmed by grief. I had had a long time to say goodbye and had made peace that this day would come. However, taking care of my Grandma had become my life. I no longer had to wake up early to help her to the bathroom, do the several loads of laundry or make sure she took her pills.
It was stressful cleaning out the house. When all the family pictures were taken off the walls the fact she wasn’t coming back hit home. Grandma was a big supporter of my writing. She always encouraged me growing up and proudly displayed my poems and short stories. Her mind was gone when I finally became a published author, but I know she’d be very proud of me.
Once the sorrow passed, I realized this was the time I’ve been waiting for. I now had the freedom to write full time. It has been difficult to get started. I’m still battling my sense of loss and have emotional breakdowns from now and then, but I know this is something she’d want me to do.
I am currently working on a Grimm re-telling for Decadent’s Beyond Fairy Tale line. It will be a M/M historical western. I like my cowboys muscular and stubborn who don’t mind getting down and dirty! If you are interested in reading a cowboy story now you can check out Perfect Ride I wrote with my co-author Eva Lefoy.

Available HERE
Professional bull rider Garrett Anderson lives for the next town, the next trophy and his next ride. When he rolls into Sheridan, Wyoming, the last thing he expected was to meet a cowboy like Cole—a man who corrals his heart and leaves him aching for a love he never realized he’d been missing.
Surrounded by hate, Cole Richards wasn’t prepared for Garrett’s passion or the longing their night together leaves him with. But when he’s shot, and stuck in his hospital bed, Cole watches every second of Garrett’s disastrous ride, and is heartbroken when the battered and bruised bull rider leaves town.
Attacked again and knee-deep in trouble, Cole wants only Garett at his side. But can his bull rider trade fame and fortune for a lifetime with his one perfect ride?

Author Bio and Contact:
Shiloh Saddler likes to do research for her steamy romances first hand. She has invented a time machine and travels back to the 19th century on a regular basis. There are experimental settings on her time machine which could propel her into the future and even other worlds. She believes love and a good book makes anything possible.



#shilohsaddler, #eva_lefoy, #decadentpub, #beyondfairytales  

No comments: