Monday, April 30, 2012

Looney Monday

 By Graylin Fox

As I sit here and try to think of what to write today my DVR holds one of my favorite cartoons of all time. Looney Tunes, specifically, the roadrunner and coyote segments. I don't remember what I liked in my cable line up that made the TiVo record the old school Looney Toons. I do know my Saturday mornings are better for it. 

Just like my childhood I can get up, get something to eat, and laugh. From Elmer, who says he s a vegetarian, hunting wabbits, to the abominable snowman chasing bugs and Dafffy, to Marvin the Martian. I'm grateful the Cartoon Network plays these every day so I can be transported back anytime I like. 

I have to figure that this was my first exposure to aliens. ;) I had the Marvin the Martian water bottle in college. Vodka killed the plastic taste perfectly! 



To celebrate going back to childhood I'm giving away a signed copy of COMING HOME to one commenter. Just add your two cents on childhood memories and you could win!

6 comments:

TK Anthony + www.scotianrealm.com said...

There was a woods out back of our house, with a stream running through it, and a big, flat-topped rock--the perfect size for two kids--right next to a clay deposit. My sister and I would sit out there for hours at a time "making things." When we came in from the woods, looking like animated clay statues, Mom would just hose us off. I took a pottery course as an elective in college because of all those good memories.

Jessica E. Subject said...

My brother and I used to watch the Saturday morning cartoons as well, when we weren't playing at(in) the creek down the road. LOL

Patti P said...

I remember trying to wake up earlier than my three older siblings because I could never get to watch what I wanted once they were awake. Being the littlest of four stinks. LOL
Especially when your parents were only children and just don't get it.
musicalfrog at comcast.net

VS Morgan said...

I used to hunt in the backyard for Smurfs while pretending I was the cool girl archer from the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. :)

Debby said...

I love the road runner cartoons and of course Marvin is the best. I use Road Runner in my class room. I loved Saturday mornings for the cartoons.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Congratulations VS Morgan you Win! I'll inform Decadent and they'll send you the signed copy.

Thank you everyone for participating,
Graylin