Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thursdays with Maureen...


by Maureen O. Betita

What am I thankful for?
I’m thankful for my twisty little brain and how I think. Playing with characters, toying with them, using my evil great creative powers to make their lives a pure misery… and gift them with massive moments of pure pleasure. Yes, it’s good to be the writer. (to paraphrase Mel Brooks)

What am I thinking about?
The next book. The one I’m working on, the ones I’m editing and revising, the idea of what to do next…  And considering what I can do real short of a new challenge presented to me… Hmmmm!

What am I thirsty for?
The normal stuff, fame, fortune, an easier way to promote my books… I’ll tell you, what I really want is a reputation. I’m not sure for what, but it must involve pirates.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Yes. I did say pirates.

Barbara Elsborg said...

What naughty things do you want to get up to with pirates?
Plankwalking in your underwear?
Keelhauling potatoes to get the skins off?
Getting drunk on grog?
Ah the mind boggles.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am all about pirates thanks to Johnny Depp ;;)

Samantha Gail said...

I'm a capable sailor, Maureen. If you ever want to strap on your cutlass and hoist the mainsail to go in search of booty, count me in!