This playlist is not made up of songs I listened to while writing. Rather, it is a list of songs that I feel should go with certain scenes of the novel.
1. "Rest In Pieces" by Saliva. My novel starts off on a dreary note, with Ash locked in grief over her stepfather's death. This song makes me think of the depth of depression and sorrow.
2. "Beyond Beautiful" by Aerosmith. This song makes me think of the scene where Ash starts running down the dirt path. The intro of the song makes me think of someone running through the woods, over rocks and puddles, as fast as their feet can take them.
3. "Into The Trees Alone" by The White Horses Project. This song's mystical sound and evocative lyrics are perfect for when Ash passes through the portal and finds herself in the woods of Fallenwood.
4. "Fire on High" by Electric Light Orchestra. This song has a really creepy sound to it. It seems perfect for the scene where Ash goes into the strange dream-world of the Pan-Experiential.
5. "When It's Love by Van Halen - and - "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. With upbeat lyrics and truth seeping from lyrics that at first seem simple before revealing hidden depths, these two songs perfectly embody the budding romance between Ash and Prince Edward.
6. "Life" by Our Lady Peace. This song seems to perfectly portray the atmosphere of a gypsy camp and the idea that while life isn't perfect, it can still be beautiful.
7. "Goodnight Moon" by Shivaree. This song has an edge to it, and it fits with the scene where Akaji invades Ash's dreams.
8. "Harder to Breathe" by Maroon 5. I hear this song in the background when I think about the scene where Ash is on the Field of Death, with the black unicorn charging her. I even mentioned in the story that "...it got harder to breathe."
9. A Gregorian chant. I would have one of these playing in the scene where Ash descends the stairway into the heart of the Wolf King's cave.
10. "I Will Remember" by Jody Marie Gnant. This is a beautiful song and makes for a great ending.
Hope you've enjoyed the Fallenwood playlist!!!