1) Once upon a time, I died. (Not long enough to see the light, but I sure gave it a shot.)
2) My husband saved my life. (Bless the old CPR class. I guess some things you never forget.)
3) I’m now part bionic. (Well, I consider my interior cardiac defibrillator a bionic addition to my body. Sure, no super powers, save that it will shock my heart back to working should it crap out on me again…)
4) I recorded a music CD and have stood before an audience at a coffee shop and sung acapella. (And smiled when the espresso machine went off. Want a CD? I still have a handful, e-mail me, I’ll send it.)
5) I have held a propane torch and chanted to Pele as solder flowed and silver did my bidding.
6) I named my first dog after a hero from a mystery series, Archie Goodwin. (Not Archie Bunker as too many assumed hearing his name. Idiots.)
7) I have seen Jethro Tull live seven times, the last being an acoustic performance. (The one band I will travel hours to see.)
8) I have held the wheel of a tall ship and sailed the Sea of Cortez. (The fair ship Talufa, if ever in Cabo San Lucas, look them up!)
9) I once swam with stingrays and was marked by one upon my thigh. I counted it a blessing.
10) I was on vision quest in Death Valley and in the silence of a winter day, I heard the whoosh of a raven’s wing high above me. (And nearly suffered frost bite on my nipples at night. Damn, it got cold once the sun went down!)