Saturday, November 13, 2010

Leanne Dyck Shows Off The Sweater Curse!


November 12, a dull, grey, day in a dull, grey, month.

So, why is there a smile on my face?

Why, because something momentous has happened. My paranormal psychological thriller The Sweater Curse has been published! This book is the culmination of over five years of writing. I was working on other projects during this time, but still, five years! I can hardly believe I invested that much time on this project. I can hardly believe this project has held my interest for that long. No matter what I worked on, I kept coming back to this story.

Sitting down to write a story of this size initially overwhelmed me. Writing flash fiction, short stories, articles, poems – this I could do.

I wrote the poem, Devotion, in twenty minutes.

Devotion

She’d never been in love before,

She feared it would never come,

She feared she would spend her life alone –heart withered and deformed,

No eye would fill with the sight of her,

No heart would beat for her alone.

But then, but then he had found her,

He –the sight of him makes her yearn,

He comes to her and her pulse races,

His velvet voice stirs her blood,

He draws her close and they are alone in the universe,

The love for which she has sought,

For which she feared would never come,

Is born, breathes, and engulfs them.


Why did The Sweater Curse hold my interest for so long?

Well, it was a challenge to write. It required that my writing skills mature.

It also allowed me to voice my opinions on subjects such as love, the artist community, and on knitting.

Five years ago I didn’t know where my journey would lead me. I didn’t know what would happen to the manuscript. I didn’t even know if I would be able to finish writing this book.

Today I know. Thank you so much Decadent Publishing! Let’s party!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Big congratulations! I hope you have a fabulous day and celebrate all day long!

Whoohoo!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations Leanne. The Sweater Curse must be a story that you had to tell, no matter how long it took. I can't wait to read it.

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Thank you, Maureen and Kathleen. I appreciate your support. The Sweater Curse is awaiting publication. With fingers crossed, I say, "soon". A huge thank you to the talented team of editors who have (and are) helping me.