Thursday, November 21, 2013

GLBT Historical and Contemporary Western Romance

by Shiloh Saddler

I’m a country girl. My Grandparents had a small ranch and raised cows and chickens. I like hiking in the mountains and dressing in a Stetson, Levis, and a boots. I guess it was natural I gravitated toward the western romance genre. I prefer my GLBT on the country side whether it is historical or contemporary.

My debut novella The Virgin Madam was released November 5th. It is a F/F historical romance set in California in 1879.

Here’s the blurb:
After a vicious outlaw murders her father, Laura Rutherford sees no future beyond running the family brothel and kowtowing to the local gang. Not even marriage offers escape. No man can compete with the beautiful women who dance the can-can for her each night...at least not until a gentle stranger sweeps in and opens her eyes to desires too long denied.

Joe Bascum stumbles into Bitterroot Flats looking for a place to hide from a gunman out for blood. When the innocent Madame from the local brothel offers a bed and bath, Joe accepts hoping to show the buttoned-up beauty just how right forbidden desire can feel.

When danger escalates, can Laura help Joe defeat the famous Fletcher gang, or is she destined to live a lonely life as the virgin madam?

The Virgin Madam is book #1 in the Girls and Guns series. While I plan to write more books in the series, and book #2 The Lumberjack’s Daughter is already outlined, I have gotten sidetracked on other projects. This wasn’t my fault. Honestly, it was all Eva’s.

Eva Lefoy has been my critique partner for a long time. Recently we also became writing partners co-authoring a M/M contemporary western Perfect Ride book #1 in the Ridden Hard series.

I was the country brains of this operation. Eva didn’t know a darn thing about a bull. and the hero is a professional bull rider on the PBR circuit. Nothing gets me more excited than seeing a cowboy in tight blue jeans and a cowboy hat. Okay, I’m not quite a buckle bunny but I’m open to the idea. J

Perfect Ride will come out soon from Decadent. But you don’t have to wait until that is released to enjoy some GLBT western romance fun!

The Virgin Madam is available now!
Amazon: US | UK

Shiloh Saddler likes to do research for her steamy romances first hand. She has invented a time machine and travels back to the 19th century on a regular basis. There are experimental settings on her time machine which could propel her into the future and even other worlds. She believes love and a good book makes anything possible.


You can find Shiloh at:


5 comments:

Teri Riggs said...

I love historical western romance. Every time I start researching I get caught up in the history, and most of my writing time goes up in smoke.

Anonymous said...



Love the hat.
A very interesting story. I find the old west fascinating, the people came up with their own solutions to life's snarls.
Tasty artwork too.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Whether set in the past or the future, in the country, or in space, the settings become just as much a part of the story as the characters. Sounds like a great read, and I absolutely love the cover!

Shiloh Saddler said...

Terri, I still struggle with not getting too caught up in my historical research! History is so fascinating.

Shiloh Saddler said...

I agree, Jessica, the setting is just as important to a story as the characters. Really the setting takes on a character of its own.