Monday, June 17, 2013

What’s on your bucket list?


By Starla Kaye
We hear all the time about people’s bucket lists. I hadn’t even really thought about making one because I just want to do everything. Okay, maybe not quite everything, but a lot of things. But my niece who is 16 talks all the time about her bucket list. So I decided maybe I should come up with something, too.

Currently my list includes visiting a dude ranch, parasailing, possibly hang gliding, going to as many other countries as I can, zip lining, and attending the big balloon festival in Albuquerque. In truth, my list could go on and on. You’d think from some of the more physical items that I was some kind of adrenaline junkie, but I’m not really. I am curious about things, sometimes a bit too daring (at least according to my daughter and husband).

I have managed to check off one item that would have been on my bucket list: hot air ballooning. Earlier this month I had the opportunity to ride in a balloon over the Napa Valley. I LOVED it! And, yes, I’m shouting about it. It was everything I thought it would be and more.


Oddly, as soon as we went up and I first looked down, the first thing that came to my mind was that I was actually living the eye test I have every year. Do you remember that one? Where they try to adjust how you see this balloon hovering over some fields? I swear that view was Napa Valley.

So…what’s on your bucket list? Anything wildly exciting?

Oh, my writing list would include writing another couple of dozen books for Decadent Publishing. I just had a new story, Acceptance, come out with The Edge Series. And I’m working on three other stories: one is a sequel to The CEO and the Cowboy, one is another 1Night Stand story, and one is for the Challenge Series.


7 comments:

Brian Johnson said...

See the Southern Cross (constellation on the Southern Hemisphere).

Ride in a helicopter.

Break the sound barrier (not in a helicopter).

Publish at least three more books.

Sell more photography.

Starla Kaye said...

Hi, Brian! Glad you stopped by. I agree, I wouldn't want to ride in a helicopter to break the sound barrier. But I have even ridden in helicopters. The best rides are the ones with no doors!

Good luck with "at least three more books."

Barbara Elsborg said...

Just one thing but I can't make it happen unless I'm very sneaky - I want to see some of my books in an actual bookstore. Can I count that?

Barbara Elsborg said...

Just one thing but I can't make it happen unless I'm very sneaky - I want to see some of my books in an actual bookstore. Can I count that?

Starla Kaye said...

I understand that dream. Best of luck with it, Barbara.

Anonymous said...

Maybe visit Norway, travel in general. Nothing too specific.

Cate Masters said...

I'm with you, Starla. I want to do EVERYTHING. Travel through every state in an RV so I can take in the sights. Then on to other countries... Egypt's pyramids, Ireland, England, Italy, castles anywhere. Oh, and the Northern Lights somewhere along the way. Too many more to list, lol