Monday, June 24, 2013

Three Questions for Kerry Adrienne

Buy Senator, Mine HERE
Where do you get your inspiration for the hot, hunky historical heroes you write about?

Kerry: I love history and I am sure there must have been some good-looking guys wandering around somewhere… To me, not much is sexier than a man from the past, with a past. I especially love Ancient History, so I love writing about Rome, Greece, and Egypt.

Darius is a Senator in Rome who wants to step down from his post. Would that really happen? I mean, this is a time period where you could be killed for not supporting the government.

Kerry: Well, I look at it this way. Lots of people are unhappy in their jobs these days. At some point, we’d like to just walk away. I figure that must have been true in ancient times, too. The idea of just dropping everything and doing what you WANT to do—well, that’s usually only fulfilled by lottery tickets and escaping into a book.

So, you are the newest Senior Editor at Decadent Publishing. What’s it like to work there?


Kerry: I love it! I am thrilled to be on staff with such a friendly and upbeat company. Author involvement at Decadent is top-notch—and being a Senior Editor here gives me the chance to interact with some of the best in the business. The Decadent team is truly committed to passionate excellence. 



Senator, Mine blurb:
Eleanor’s dream of a romantic tour of Italy shatters when her long-time boyfriend breaks up with her in Pompeii. Determined to enjoy the once in a lifetime vacation, she enlists the 1NS service. She continues her trip, stopping to buy a small golden signet in a mysterious antiquities shop in Rome.

Darius, a hard-working Senator in Ancient Rome, is puzzled by the Sibyl’s words: You will not find love in your lifetime. Hoping to find a measure of happiness, he agrees to the Sibyl’s quest. In the olive grove, he spots Eleanor, a barbarian wearing his stolen senator’s ring.

A night spent together may be just what they both need to break down the columns of time that stand between them.

No comments: