Monday, January 21, 2013

Traveling Through the Wormhole

Buy Forge HERE

By T.K. Anthony
I like to travel. Which is a good thing, since I do a lot of it. For example, my husband and I took a 3600-mile road trip over 23 days for the Christmas tour of the in-laws in Illinois and the relatives in Pennsylvania before returning to Texas.
While it was all fun (we both enjoy road trips, especially with each other; and really do like our in-laws), I’m really groovin’ on this whole stay at home thing. Purring cats on my lap. The luxury of sleeping in my own bed. A cup of decaf tea whenever I want it. And Skippy peanut butter in the pantry. (Yes, I’ve been a Skippy addict since childhood.)
Even while I’m home, I still like to travel. Preferably, with my feet up and a cup of teaclose at hand, and perhaps some dark chocolate, and a nice fat book. Books have long been my passport to new and interesting people, places, ideas and adventures. I’ll read just about anything. But science fiction has always been my favorite genre, because only SF takes you through the wormhole to places you can’t get to from here, and the challenges can be drawn on an epic scale. No, it’s not just the fate of the planet at stake. It’s the fate of the galaxy! And even on the galactic scale, it’s still the fate of the soul that matters, the individual choice for good or evil, to fight or submit. I love the heroes who take on the dark, scary bad guys—and their own fears and flaws—against the odds, no matter the cost.
If your taste runs in the same direction, I invite you to travel through the wormhole with me to the colony planet of Forge in the Scotian Realm.
As a final note...in honor of the wandering, whether on the road or through the wormhole, here’s a link to the incredible Chris Thile, mandolinist extraordinaire, playing his happily frenetic tune “Wolfcreek Pass” from his album, “All Who Wander Are Not Lost.” Enjoy!
Forge Blurb:
Warned by a Seeing…The high king of the Scotian Realm expects the arrival of an enemy, a race of psychic predators bent on galactic conquest. The Realm’s one hope is alliance with the neighboring star domains in defense of a shared colony, Forge.
Caught in Fate’s grim weaving…Mindblind, amnesic, Tazhret lives out his drug-induced visions of servitude on Forge. He wants to believe the beautiful woman with the nut-brown hair who whispers reassurances to his harrowed heart: “You have a name.”But is she even real? Or just one bright thread in his dark dreams?
An unexpected hope…Tazhret’s destiny leads him to freedom and the woman he yearns for
—and to a desperate struggle against the enemy. Tazhret can save Forge, and the clan of his beloved. But only at the cost of all he has hoped for: his name, his freedom, and his love
for the woman with the nut-brown hair…

~~~Excerpt~~~
Clenched in the grip of a fateful vision, the black web of Tazhret’s nightmare suffocated him, paralyzed him. While his heart pounded in terrified denial, the ensnaring net grew dense, and tight, cutting off all light, all sound…every breath of air. The nightmare shifted, and the web became chains, chains of red fire burning into his skin, binding him, crushing him in nameless enslavement to an evil will while his soul cried for freedom.
One thread of light, an answer to a desperate prayer, shone in Fate’s grim weaving of a dark future.
She was beautiful. She gazed at him, her luminous amber eyes sorrowful in a pale face framed by dark hair. She insisted against all evidence, You have a name. A good one.
He knew he loved her. His heart ached for her.
He wondered who she was.

Links:
Twitter: @TK_Anthony_
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/TK_Anthony

1 comment:

Barbara Elsborg said...

i don't think I'd mind fast space travel but having done two 900 mile car journeys in the space of a week, I don't want to do that ever again!