Thursday, January 10, 2013

PrepperQuiz

Buy Falling for Water HERE

Arlene Webb, author of Falling for Water, choose your answer and explain why.
1.   How is the world most likely to end?
A.   Zombie apocalypse. Not sure, but a zombie attack seems clichéd and should have happened by now.
B.  Creature from the black lagoon on a rampage.The black lagoon dried up when they invented the SUV.
C.  Natural disaster ie. flood/fire/mosquitoesetc.Nah. Have boats, firemen are cool, and I’m a big fan of chemical pest control
D.  Alien plague. Bingo. I just hope we mutate into another world as awesome as this one.
E.   Other
Explanation:See notes in red ink.
2.   What are you doing to prepare for disasters?
A.   Stocking up on non perishable foods
B.  Building a bunker or other safe house
C.  Learning to shoot the heads off zombies
D.  Saving postage stamps
E.   OtherI’m pretty much screwed
Explanation:I like fresh foods, hit my thumb when I try building anything, don’t own a gun, and am struggling to remember what postage stamps are.
3.   What are your chances of surviving if it’s a zombie apocalypse kind of apocalypse ?
A.   High (I’m a good shot)
B.  Fair to middling.
C.  Low (zombies? Aaaghgh)
D.  Zilch! The answer to question 2 sums it up.
E.   Other.
Explanation:I’m lazy.
4.   What would you miss most if the tech fails because of an EMP pulse and we are back in the stone age... well, at least it’ll feel that way.
A.   Car/planes/trains/etc
B.  Computer/laptop!!!!!!
C.  Coffee maker
D.  Electric blanket
E.   Other
Explanation:If I have Will Smith, I don’t need an electric blanket. Caffeine increases brain activity, certainly not a good thing with hungry zombies around. Getting back into riding a bike is like riding a bike, correct?
5.   Which of these people would you let in your bunker for safety and why?
A.   Justin Beiber. Seriously?
B.  Chuck Norris.
C.  Kate Beckinsale
D.  Kate Middleton
E.   Will Smith. No doubt. I am Legend, right?
Explanation:As far as I’m concerned, choosing a guy like Will Smith doesn’t need explanation.
Oh! Last but not least, sum up your book twitter style 140 characters or less. Yes, this is a survival skill. Go!
Obsessive compulsive Cassi can’t believe she’s a terrorist suspect, and her only ray of hope is the cop who’s willing to give his all to keep her alive.
###
Dear Queen of Tarts, 
thank you, so much, for testing myprepper ability. I have obviously aced the quiz despite not having any killing skills. 
Sincerely, Arlene

Dear Readers, please leave a comment with your email and we will pick someone at random to send an e-copy of Last Request, a 1NS series romance that’s rated a touch hotter than the new, prepper release, Falling for Water. Thank you and I hope you enjoy reading Falling for Water as much as I did writing it.


Water.
What Cassi thought was a simple obsession with clean water has taken over her life. When she orders a distiller online to replace the one smashed by her abusive boyfriend, she gets more than she bargained for.
Enter a man with a badge hunting a terrorist, and Cassi is his number one suspect. Not only is she struggling with her fixation on pure H2O, she has to prove she’s not the one he’s looking for—only she kind of wishes she was. Before she knows it, Cassi is in over her head.
Justice.
Ray had everything, until a random crime ends badly and he’s left to hold to his grief or make changes in his life, including becoming driven by a new profession. Charming his way into people’s personal business—slapping on the cuffs as needed—gives him reason to get up in the morning.When he falls headfirst into another chance at love, he must take the plunge without hesitation or risk losing more than his heart.
As the pair join hands, sparks fly as well as bullets, leaving Cassi and Ray to wonder if the universe could right itself, or will the past reach out and drown their chance for happiness.
Excerpt:
He stared at her, his expression wary. “And I’m thrilled you’re so into evolution, variation, and moving toward different things. I…er…just wondered, do you have a problem with saliva?”
“Saliva? What the hell are you talking about?”
He smiled. Not slow and lazy, not sweet and gentle, but the wolf smile she’d seen at the bar. “You admitted a thing with water right away. So what I’m hearing is no, I love saliva. Go ahead and slap me, and…maybe I’ll stop.” He grabbed her, yanked her up, and took her lips with his.

Ray tried for gentle and slow, but the moment his lips locked onto hers it felt like he had to make this the kiss of a lifetime or she’d slip through his fingers and disappear. She’d either run screaming from yet another bully who took advantage of a vulnerable state, or she’d fall through the cracks of the justice system and out of his reach.
From his mouth to hers, he yearned to dive in fast and hard, plundering with his tongue until she opened more than her heart to him by confiding an intense trauma. He wanted the supple and beautiful body rolled over him as well.
He deepened the kiss, and his heartbeat pounded faster and faster as the tension left her shoulders. She melted into him, soft and sweetly yielding to his aggressive hardness, and she began kissing him back.
His careful exploration, the tip of tongue easing along the seams of her mouth, forced his lust into an easy, steady climb as lips meshed, escalating on the roller coaster scale to maybe a five, a first-time kiss like when a boy walks a girl to her door.
Forget that. It was no-hold-back time. He was too into the taste and feel of this woman to strive for less, and he had to bring her over the edge with him. Plunge down and down into the world-is-about-to-end type kiss. A kiss that’d stay with her, marking her as his own. 

4 comments:

Jessica E. Subject said...

Congrats on your new release, Arlene! I don't think I'd be able to survive zombies, but with aliens, I'd just head as far North as possible. I doubt they'd worry about me up there.

Oh, and Will Smith would be my choice, too. I Am Legend, and now After Earth prove his survival skills. Oh, but Justin Bieber has a cool hometown tattoo. LOL Toss him and run. ;-)

Arlene said...

Thanks for commenting, Jessica. Sorry about the formatting. Looks like it messed up, maybe something to do with the listing. Damn, I need to prep those blog post skills better!

Susan W said...

If it's going to be a Zombie apocalypse then I'm good with using a gun otherwise I'm outta luck. I can't run for nothin'! LOL! And if I had a bunker it'd be Chuck Norris or Will Smith. No explanation needed for either one of them.

Congrats on the new release!
suz2(at)cox(dot)net

Barbara Elsborg said...

I'd be better researching easy ways to die because I def. don't want to get attacked by zombies. I don't know one end of a gun from the other and I'm a wuss. Doomed, I tell you.
Congrats, Arlene!!!!