Sunday, February 26, 2012

Meet Max

by Seleste Delaney

When I craft characters, more often than not, a picture forms in my head that tends to resemble an actor or singer or model—someone with lots of pictures on the internet anyway. I like having physical images of my characters to refer to. Mainly because, when it comes to the guys at least, they are yumtastic.

And I do so love shiny things.


So, when Max Shaw stopped in for a visit as I was writing Of Course I Try, I had an immediate picture of him. Long dark hair, really intense blue eyes, big and muscly. The kind of guy you’d be scared to see in a dark alley, and really excited to see on a blind date.


Now, to be fair, I always saw Max as bigger than Christian Kane, but facially and general “type” of musculature. Yeah, he’s Max all the way. And considering Max is fond of singing to Jocelyn, it doesn’t hurt that the guitar isn’t just for show.


Doesn’t hurt that the girl in that video looks a little like Jocelyn (though too skinny).

If you want more of Christian Kane, check him out on Leverage or grab his album. But if you want more of Max, check out the Blood Kissed series

And, of course, if you want more Seleste, you can find me all over the internet.

6 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

I like that - scared to meet in a dark alley but thrilled to meet on a blind date!! Perfect hero!

Jessica E. Subject said...

Yes, I agree with Barbara. I try to always have a real person in mind when writing my hero, but sometimes the connection happens after the story is finished.

Amelia James said...

Christian Kane is my muse. Loved him in Angel, love him in Leverage, love his music. Can't get enough.

Seleste deLaney/Julie Particka said...

Mine too, Amelia. I even have plans for him as a different character in my YA series. <3

Janelle Alexander said...

you know my thoughts on him... #justsayin ;o)

VS Morgan said...

I like using real images for inspiration as well. And, boy is Christian Kane inspiring. ;) I loved him on Angel.