Thursday, October 13, 2011

3 – Way Thursday with Emily Cale!




Okay, it's Three-Way-Thursday around these parts and I'm sharing what I'm thankful, thoughtful, and thirsty for.

I'm Thankful For:
I'm thankful for all the wonderful author friends I have. No matter what is going on in my life, whether it is author writing, family, or real job related, they are always there and full of advice. They also give me a good kick in the behind when I deserve it for not meeting word count or editing goals. Honestly, I can't imagine what my life would be like without them.

I'm Thoughtful about:
How I spend my time. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and deciding what things in my life are important to me and which ones need to go. I think a lot of us are stretched very thin with our writing, work, and family and all the little things start to add up very quickly. I've found that I'm having trouble getting the stuff I want to done and spending the majority of time on the things that don't make me happy anymore. I haven't quite figured it all yet, but I'm working on it.

I'm Thirsty For:
Hot apple cider. Preferably with lots of caramel and cinnamon. This is my go-to winter drink, but I won't start hoarding it in the house until the weather turns a little colder. In another couple weeks, I'll probably be discussing it a lot on Twitter.


Thanks so much for reading!

Emily Cale
Visit my blog (www.emilycale.blogspot.com) or find me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/emilycale)

My first release from Decadent Publishing is Dessert First, a sexy short story.
Here's the blurb:

Playing perfect daughter at her mother's parties isn't Alexis Arnette's idea of a good time. She always leaves grumpy and hungry. Unimpressed with the spread laid out in the living room, she sneaks off to the kitchen to find something a little more satisfying. What she discovers is chef Morgan Crane, a man who is even more delicious than his baked goods. When one taste of his creations leads to more and her good girl demeanor dissolves, would the boring evening turn into one she'll never forget?

4 comments:

Barbara Elsborg said...

Ooh hot apple cider on a winter's day!! Lovely. Just happen to be in 80 degree heat at the moment so hard to imagine....

Emily Cale said...

I'm with you on that. Not quite winter here yet either, though I think we are past our 80 degree days. The stores have the apple cider jugs out, but I haven't brought myself to buy one just yet.

Jessica E. Subject said...

It's been so long since I've had hot apple cider. Although our cold temperatures were replaced by warmth again. I'm sure they won't last long though. All the best!

Emily Cale said...

Thanks, Jessica. Our weather has been up and down as well, but I know the time for 5 months of cold is right around the corner.