Monday, April 4, 2011

Vanessa Barger's STEAMING playlist...



Hello! Like most writers, I have a playlist for every book, sometimes for emotions and scenes as well. Today, I wanted to share the top fifteen songs on my playlist for Steaming!

The Only Exception – Paramore

Walking in the Air – Chloe Agnew
The Tudors Main Title Theme – Trevor Morris
Herr Drosselmyer’s Doll – Abney Park
Black Spider – Sunday Driver
Draconian Countdown – Rasputina
The Moon’s A Harsh Mistress – Celtic Woman
Opheilac – Emilie Autumn

Truly Scrumptious – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Throwing the Coins – Sense and Sensibility Soundtrack
Alejate – Josh Groban
Never Let Go – Josh Groban
Rio Bravo – CKY
Somewhere Only We Know – Keane
Diary of Jane – Breaking Benjamin

Hopefully you can picture some places in the novel where these would line up. The actual playlist is quite a bit longer, but at the risk of boring you, I took the first fifteen selections and went with those.
I love making playlists (probably too much) because they help get me “in the mood” for writing. The right song can make or break a scene. Sometimes, I have to put a couple of songs in their own playlist and loop them until a scene is finished so my concentration isn’t broken. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the music and the book!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I was bopping on the drive down to LA to Abney Park... I really need to get more than the one CD I have!

I so admire those of you who put together such comprehensive playlists! I have more vague music, generally. Only rare hit a real solid one song scene.

Kathleen said...

Very nice playlist, Vanessa! The right music can assist the writer in taking a scene to the next level. Thanks for a great post.