Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10Q Tuesday with Tina Marene Ordone

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always dreamed of becoming a teacher, once I realized that being a ballerina, astronaut, or firefighter was out of the question. Then, in high school, after taking drama all four years, I wanted to be a film or television director, but I also was interested in being a journalist. I started college as an English major with a minor in Communications. I couldn’t major in Journalism because there wasn’t a program at that college. So then, when I transferred to another school, I started to major in Print and Broadcast Journalism, only to realize that finishing that degree would be nearly impossible with the hours I was working. I’m now in school for web design, but I enjoy doing my true passion, which is writing.

What group did you hang out with in high school? I had a plethora of friends of all types, but my closest group of friends and myself were called The Lunch Club. It was obviously a twist on The Breakfast Club. There were a lot more of us though and unfortunately, with real life happening, I only talk to a few. Over the years, thanks to Facebook, I’ve reconnected with quite a number of them and we get together when everyone is available at least once a year. Also, our ring leader, Shelle gave us roles one year with certificates, if my memory serves me. I was the creative one. *chuckles* I was known, even back then, as the one who could write, but I doubted it until recently. Those were the days! *laughs*

Morning Person? Or Night Person? How do you know? I am, without a doubt, a night person. Most of the time, I can’t get to sleep before four a.m. My mom goes to bed at like nine or ten p.m. and my dad and I stay up and watch TV together and then I go in my room and watch more TV or get on the computer then go lay down. I’m not out the bed before noon most days. Working from home has its perks!

What is your favorite color? My favorite color is green, dark green more specifically. I've liked the color since high school, but I have a number of others that I enjoy looking at, such as black and gray, as weird as that may be.

Tell us about your family. My family is one of my favorite things to talk about. My mom and dad are two of the most important people in my life. They are my best friends and since I live with them, I get to spend lots of time with them.

I have a brother and a sister, who are both older than me. I have a niece who is four and a nephew who is about to be twelve.

I also have a wonderful Maltese and poodle mix named Fiona and she is truly the best dog I've ever met.

Do you play games? What kind? I like to play the Xbox. My favorite games are Fallout and Fable. I also play some computer games like Nancy Drew and The Sims. I play Second Life, which isn't really a game as much as it is a visual chat thing.

What are your favorite TV shows? My favorite show of all time has to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars. Out of the shows that come on now though, I like Big Brother (when it's on), American Idol (when it's on), Gossip Girl, 90210, yea, all the teeny bopper shows. * laughs * I'm a big kid. I also like Chuck, House, and Amazing Race.

What is your favorite meal? That's an easy one! Anything cooked by my dad! Gumbo is my particular favorite. I also like Chinese food and Applebee's.

What do you do to unwind and relax? Usually, during the day, I'm on the computer answering emails or promoing or whatever, but at about five, I go in the living room with my parents and watch TV with them and have dinner. So I guess the simple answer would be that I watch TV.

What would we find under your bed? Board games! Monopoly, Life, etc. That's it. * chuckles *

Tina Marene Ordone

3 comments:

Maureen said...

I have pirate Monopoly... ;-)

Author Leanne Dyck said...

Fun interview

Kathleen said...

It's nice how you mention that your family is your favorite thing to talk about. I enjoyed your interview. Congrats!