Hello All! Thanks for stopping by to see my contribution to Just the Facts Friday. We’ll see if I can make this interesting enough for you….
Seven things most people don’t know about Ellen Keener:
- If I were ever to become President my first act of office would be to institute Chick-fil-A all over the country. Not just because I find it against all good sense that they disappear in the northern states. Also because everyone needs their ice tea. I drink ice tea 24 hours a day. Seriously. If the world runs out of all ice tea, I’ll die.
- I browse places like Home Depot and Ace Hardware for fun. I’m a tech ed teacher, but also do mixed media. You know, in my free time. The hardware store in town has a couple of very nice older gentlemen who always check in on me anxiously because they don’t understand why I’m muttering to myself while holding plumbing fittings and dowel rods and looking at the nuts and bolts but not the screws that go with them.
- I can wiggle my ears. Hey, maybe not the most unique of talents, but it comes in handy for truth or dare.
- I’m a twenty-something and I live in the middle of nowhere and like it. It’s good that I have a roommate who’s social, or I’d probably never get out much. The only downside? If it rains too much, I have waterfront property, but I can’t leave and enjoy it because my car can’t get through the water.
- I am the biggest dork in the world. I watch PBS like its everyone else’s reality television, buy every version of Pride and Prejudice and Jane Eyre ever made, and got more excited over my Two Fat Ladies DVD collection than all the other gifts my best friends got me combined.
- I used to be an administrator at a gifted summer camp. I have actually had to say to children, “no, just because you file your teeth down and watch the moon, you are NOT a vampire.” I have also been accused of allowing students to blow up toilets and fill a building with crap. Literally.
- Last, and my best friend claims this is one of my weirder qualities, I never eat both ends of French fries or pickles. I don’t know why either. It’s a thing. And yes, I pick which end is edible and which isn’t. Now you see another reason I love Chick-fil-a? No ends on the fries!
Here’s hoping you’ve been entertained for a few minutes. I hope you’ll take a few more and read about my novel, Blood Moon. Hopefully I’ll have something else out soon. Its in the process of editing at the moment.