I also must balance my fictional life as Vivi Dumas and my real life. I admit Vivi is a little freer and loose around the edges than the real me. I tend to trend on the conservative side at times. So, it’s fun to have another persona to unleash and be a little different. But how much do we let our fictional writing lives invade our reality. I’ve learned being two people is a lot of work.
Now, I’m learning to add a new task to my balancing act. Marketing. Between guest blogging, interviewing, sending out review copies, writing has fell short. All these things can become a bit overwhelming for a newbie like me. So, I’m figuring out how to make it all work.
Things that help when the sun and moon aligns:
· A “To Do” list
· * Scheduling time for specific tasks, such as time for writing and time for family. If it’s not in my BlackBerry it doesn’t exist.
· * Take some time for myself. Just a small spot in the day just to take a breather or shut my mind down.
Things that I’ve learned along the way:
· * I am actually just one person. Sometimes the fictional life and real life collides. It might not be pretty when it happens.
· * Less is more at times.
· * Never say anything that you might want to take back later.
· * Stay true to yourself no matter what.
I would love to hear how all of you stay balanced and sane in this crazy world we’ve created in our imaginations and seeped into our realities.